Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
I have an MG4P2LL/A - iP6 GSM
Bought used locked to AT&T
Had AT&T unlock
Now use with Verizon

from everymac.com: Officially, MG4P2LL/A does not support CDMA, although users have discovered that it works properly with a Verizon CDMA SIM card, as well.

Am looking at ordering an iP8 GSM (? MQ6Y2LL/A)
Can any one here confirm Verizon use?

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
CDMA is all but a memory. Verizon is on LTE/4G and 5G now. You cannot even activate a CDMA phone on Verizon. I've tried, with my old BlackBerry.

sfphoto

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 10, 2010
CDMA is all but a memory. Verizon is on LTE/4G and 5G now. You cannot even activate a CDMA phone on Verizon. I've tried, with my old BlackBerry.
So are you saying a GSM iP8 will work? Am looking at ordering an iP8 GSM (MQ6Y2LL/A) Can you confirm Verizon use with such? Details say the GSM iP8 is NOT intended for Verizon use.

jetsam

macrumors 6502a
Jul 28, 2015
I have an MG4P2LL/A - iP6 GSM
Bought used locked to AT&T
Had AT&T unlock
Now use with Verizon

from everymac.com: Officially, MG4P2LL/A does not support CDMA, although users have discovered that it works properly with a Verizon CDMA SIM card, as well.

Am looking at ordering an iP8 GSM (? MQ6Y2LL/A)
Can any one here confirm Verizon use?
Go to https://www.verizon.com/bring-your-own-device/
And enter the details about your AT&T iPhone 8.

Spoiler alert: I entered your details and they invited me to pick a plan for:

Apple
iPhone 8 Non VZ CDMALess​

rambo47

macrumors 65816
Oct 3, 2010
Denville, NJ
So are you saying a GSM iP8 will work? Am looking at ordering an iP8 GSM (MQ6Y2LL/A) Can you confirm Verizon use with such? Details say the GSM iP8 is NOT intended for Verizon use.
Verizon does not support GSM. A GSM-only phone will not work with Verizon. Your iP8 will not function.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.