Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GracefulCow

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Washington
Earlier today, I was taking a video on my iPad. It told me I was out of storage. I went to my videos, and deleted about 10 minutes worth of video. I go back to settings. 61mb free. I know that it wasnt accurate because I backed up those videos for a total of one gigabyte on my PC. I hard reboot the device, and then it starts giving random numbers under 10mb (fluctuating up and down). I checked my storage, and did the math myself, and the amount of data used is no where near the amount of space that I should have. (More then 5gb free space is what I should have) I cannot reset this iPad because it's a school issued iPad with restrictions. Could someone help me out? iPad 4 iOS 9.1

Also, I know I have space free because I'm able to download things into GoodReader

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
1) See if you can download Battery Doctor and run the junk (cache cleaner), this might clear up space.
2) Make sure that you deleted the videos out of the recently deleted folder. I don't think that shows up as used space for photos, but still uses space.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.