Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
I just purchased an 11” 2021 iPad Pro. So far so great! I really like the small form factor. A couple of things I wished it did differently:

1. Give me full access to Excel. Let me have CSV files and the ability to unlock locked worksheets.
2. Salesforce sucks on iPad. The app is trash and the web version isn’t Lightning.
3. Outlook app should resemble the Mac app in my opinion. In its current state, it’s basically the iPhone app on a bigger screen. Also, if the app didn’t refresh when switching between apps that’d be great!
4. Three fingers up should give you the app switcher. Make it more like Mac in that regard! Instead you have to swipe on the trackpad like you do on the iPhone.
5. Calculator. Why isn’t there a factory installed calculator? This is just ridiculous!

Those are just some of the immediate things that pop out to me. I’m sure I’ll discover a few more things. Other than that, I really like it so far.

NastyMatt

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2020
What browser are you using for Salesforce? Safari will show it in Lightning - Chrome doesn't.

Don't get me wrong - there are still issues in Safari (pop up boxes randomly decide to not appear but lock the screen).

Three fingers up (and hold slightly) will bring up the app switcher. Remember you can have slideover on the iPad so you need to be able to switch between apps in that by using 3 finger swipe (like an iPhone).

FMRWin10Boy

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 21, 2021
Ahhh I didn’t know about the three fingers up and hold slightly. Very helpful. Thank you. I really am enjoying it and have no complaints.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
4. Three fingers up should give you the app switcher. Make it more like Mac in that regard! Instead you have to swipe on the trackpad like you do on the iPhone.

This gesture works with trackpad. However, for those who mostly operate the iPad without keyboard/trackpad (I'm sure that's majority outside of MacRumors forums), requiring three fingers instead of the current just one would be mighty annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.