Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

faiz23

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2010
Here it is. I picked it up using my apple discount to help offset the hit just a bit. I was able to skip out on shipping since apple store is within 5 minutes of me. There is no cable included hence the $10 price break. They expect you to spend $19 extra if you want a cable as well ;).

Sprint is selling them for $15.99 in pairs

photo41.jpg

Attachments

• box.jpg
    box.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 121
  • back.jpg
    back.jpg
    727.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0718.JPG
    IMG_0718.JPG
    150.3 KB · Views: 104
  • IMG_0716.JPG
    IMG_0716.JPG
    226.6 KB · Views: 103
  • receipt.jpg
    receipt.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:

Cuzz

macrumors newbie
Apr 3, 2010
The new charger will charge devices approximately 17% faster, so depending how long does it take you to charge your device with 10W charger, you can figure it out for yourself how much faster it will charge with 12W. I will assume that the iPad 3 will charge approximately 1 hour quicker with 12W compared to 4.5 hours charge-time with 10W adapter. IMO that is not a significant difference but for some it might be, still it is much longer than charging iPad 2.
But what is important to me is that the iPad's mini battery is 16.3 Whrs, that means it will full charge in aprox. hour and half!

What iPad 3 charges in 4.5 hours? My iPad 3, and most others from what I've read, takes a glacially slow 8-10 hrs to charge with the stock 10w charger, if not longer, and that's in sleep mode or powered off over night. If you charge it while you're using it, you'll be lucky to maintain the same charge, but more often than not it will lose power, depending on what app(s) you're using. If this new 12w charger will buy me a couple of hours of charging time, I'll reluctantly pay $19.00 for a charger that Apple paid slaves in China 50 cents to manufacture. I realize that the iPad 3 has a beefier battery than my iPad 1, which charges in a few hours, but me thinks Apple could have included a stronger charger with the iPad 3 rather than skimp with the 10w charger.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.