Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

the_art

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2016
United Kingdom
Apple may have not given up on it, but I doubt many people around Infinite Loop use an iPad 2 running iOS 8 or 9 on a daily basis, because then they would see that it's given up on its self and I can't see iOS 10 changing that.

the_art

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2016
United Kingdom
I don't think there's beta images for the iPad 2.

Apple lists it on their website.
image.jpeg

stulaw11

Suspended
Jan 25, 2012
Yes sorry someone is pulling your chain or it's a mistake.

The above image says it all. Oldest that is compatible is the iPad 4.

the_art

macrumors member
Apr 1, 2016
United Kingdom
It may be that the beta has been released just for those on the keynote, but I find it unlikely that Apple would make a mistake like that on their website.
(Athough on looking at the keynote slide, they seem to have dropped all A5 chip devices, so who knows)

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
It may be that the beta has been released just for those on the keynote, but I find it unlikely that Apple would make a mistake like that on their website.
(Athough on looking at the keynote slide, they seem to have dropped all A5 chip devices, so who knows)
They've updated their compatibility lists on their website before between betas or even at other times. I would likely say it's less likely they would make an error in the keynote compared to the website (that said, things can certainly change between the keynote and what ends up happening as the development continues and new betas are released).

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
And looks like the website has been updated to reflect what was presented at the keynote.

snow755

macrumors 68000
Sep 12, 2012
So all A5 iPhones and iPads are done with IOS upgrade

I bet with IOS 11 next year iPhone 5 5C and iPad 4 will not get IOS 10

Will have too see how beta testing God on the A6 chip Apple may go a head and remove the A6 phones and iPad from iOS 10 if it is too buggy on 32 bit and more stable on 64 bit

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
So all A5 iPhones and iPads are done with IOS upgrade

I bet with IOS 11 next year iPhone 5 5C and iPad 4 will not get IOS 10

Will have too see how beta testing God on the A6 chip Apple may go a head and remove the A6 phones and iPad from iOS 10 if it is too buggy on 32 bit and more stable on 64 bit
Not really surprising that much older hardware isn't being supported.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.