Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bgrimm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2013
hi there,

since the update to 9.2.1 i got a problem with the app switcher on my iPad2.
The double click on the home button normally shows the used apps in liitle windows with content.
Now some windows are blank (for example: settings window) with no content. Of course tabbing on the blank preview window opens the app and shows the content but not in the app switcher preview.
Any ideas or help?

Thank you

Bernd

I7guy

macrumors Nehalem
Nov 30, 2013
Gotta be in it to win it
hi there,

since the update to 9.2.1 i got a problem with the app switcher on my iPad2.
The double click on the home button normally shows the used apps in liitle windows with content.
Now some windows are blank (for example: settings window) with no content. Of course tabbing on the blank preview window opens the app and shows the content but not in the app switcher preview.
Any ideas or help?

Thank you

Bernd
Same issue, settings window is blank.

Reactions: bgrimm

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
Wait for the fix...what else can you do? The bigger question is why you'd think an iPad2 would run well on ios9.

You're tempting fate. <shrug>

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I don't really have an overall issue, I just noticed it after reading the post.

My sister brought over her iPad3 and I was shocked at how slow it ran on iOS 8.41

I wanted to update an app on her tablet and just doing that took nearly 7-8min whereas on my ipad2 on ios7, it was under 2min.

She updated her iPad because a website needed iOS 8 to work properly.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
My sister brought over her iPad3 and I was shocked at how slow it ran on iOS 8.41

I wanted to update an app on her tablet and just doing that took nearly 7-8min whereas on my ipad2 on ios7, it was under 2min.

She updated her iPad because a website needed iOS 8 to work properly.

This is why I still run ios7 on my ipad 3. I wonder if her performance will improve with ios9.2.1? So far it sounds faster but might introduce other issues on an older device.

Ios7 is starting to feel old since most apps now require ios8 or newer. It's a work ipad, so if it really becomes slow maybe they will buy a new one for me :D

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
This is why I still run ios7 on my ipad 3. I wonder if her performance will improve with ios9.2.1? So far it sounds faster but might introduce other issues on an older device.

Ios7 is starting to feel old since most apps now require ios8 or newer. It's a work ipad, so if it really becomes slow maybe they will buy a new one for me :D

Wow, you have an iPad 3 on iOS 7 and use it for work, and you haven't put in for a new one?

Kudos to you.

My iPad 2 on ios7 is still going strong. Ready to buy the Air once Apple fixes the vibrating issue and increases the battery life. I really dislike the fact that the Air2 has less battery runtime than the Air1.

sean000

macrumors 68000
Jul 16, 2015
Bellingham, WA
Wow, you have an iPad 3 on iOS 7 and use it for work, and you haven't put in for a new one?

Kudos to you.

My iPad 2 on ios7 is still going strong. Ready to buy the Air once Apple fixes the vibrating issue and increases the battery life. I really dislike the fact that the Air2 has less battery runtime than the Air1.

I work for a state university :(

Actually I believe this year I will be getting a new iPad, but these purchases are made in May (towards the end of the fiscal year), so I'm hopeful the iPad Air 3 will be released in March. My 30-pin iPad 3 is still very functional for taking notes in meetings (using OneNote) and as a general mobile device when I am working away from my desk. The battery life is still excellent. I usually charge it only every other day, but even on days when I use it heavily I have yet to run out of juice. The older OS is starting to become a bit of an issue, but it has not been an issue at all until recently. We are an Office 365 shop. iOS7 will run many of the apps just fine, but some of them are starting to require iOS 8 (at least for the latest versions of the apps). I have iOS 9 on my iPhone 6 and I can run newer versions of the apps as well as some apps that aren't available on iOS7.

My boss may press for getting me a Surface Pro instead. I think the Surface Pro is an excellent device, but I really like using an iPad as my mobile desktop. My justification will be that many of our support staff (I manage many of the IT support staff) are using the Surface, but we still need some iPad experts on staff since the iPad is still more popular among faculty. If I have enough left in my own budget by the end of the year, I will just purchase the iPad myself.

It's kind of funny that I'm not a MacOS user (I have a Windows desktop) but since I use an iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch I have become one of the go-to iOS experts on campus :D

Sean

Reactions: AlexMaximus

AlexMaximus

macrumors 65816
Aug 15, 2006
A400M Base
Same here. I stil have my iPad3 on iOS7. Since it was my very first Pad ever, I still love it. Most of the Apps I use run very decent. I actually will postpone the next replacement further.

bufffilm

Suspended
May 3, 2011
I work for a state university

say no more...I get it.

as for the Surface and Windows...

the Surface 3 and 4 have come a long way, but the iPad still reigns supreme as far as the best *tablet* experience. and i'm like you...don't have a Mac (and really no interest in getting one) and firmly entrenched with Windows.

what makes you think folks like us are a distant minority...I beg to differ. a lot of people have an iphone and ipad yet use a Windows desktop or laptop.
[doublepost=1453607990][/doublepost]
Same here. I stil have my iPad3 on iOS7. Since it was my very first Pad ever, I still love it. Most of the Apps I use run very decent. I actually will postpone the next replacement further.

good for you...it warms my heart to see sensible people using older hardware and seeing them perform fine provided they exercise a little judgment instead of just blindly trusting Apple..

as I said in another ipad thread a while back, if Apple really wants the ipad 2, 3, and 4 users to ditch their older devices...then give us a solid upgrade that will deliver on the basics.

1) don't strive to make the next Air yet thinner...and esp. not at the expense of decreasing the battery size even more or making the tablet/display more fragile
2) increase the battery runtime to 12-13 hrs
3) the chassis should not vibrate when playing music or podcasts thru the speaker

stuff like improved touckID, etc is a nice plus, but not as paramount as the above. take care of those things and a lot more people will upgrade, guaranteed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.