Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OatmealRocks

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
To say that I am disappointed that this has been leaked is an understatement.
But I am not half as disappointed as I would be if I had an iPad2 and was waiting for the JB.
Anyone who cant JB in future has these scum to thank.

Hopefully this leak won't affect future release which would support higher version of iOS.

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
Here is how to a actually jailbreak. The original thread got removed so here is the tutorial video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-u2ukWWd6A

Not sure why everyone is hating on you. Even if Comex released tomorrow Apple would know of the exploit then :eek:

If you actually leaked it, which I think you just got ahold of the files, then you've shown us that only his initial 4.3.0 JB works. The others just crash or won't install Cydia. I don't give credit for incomplete work.

confucious

macrumors 6502a
Nov 19, 2010
Woking, UK
Not sure why everyone is hating on you. Even if Comex released tomorrow Apple would know of the exploit then :eek:

If you actually leaked it, which I think you just got ahold of the files, then you've shown us that only his initial 4.3.0 JB works. The others just crash or won't install Cydia. I don't give credit for incomplete work.

You really don't understand the harm he has done :(

jvmxtra

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2010
For those of you who actually got this to work on 4.3.0, were you able to back up all the data and application before and restore to full state after the JB?

If so, what were you using?

Saiz

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2008
The whole tweet from will about me saying the release will be out at 7 pm is complete bs I haven't said anything to douchebag regarding anything like that.

titans1127

macrumors 65816
Mar 10, 2009
Well the leak seems to have been stopped as its impossible to install the jailbreak now. Just returns a 403 error when trying to install Cydia.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
OK... so what harm has he actually done?

Everyone is freaking out that Apple now has a "head start" for patching it. However, comex already confirmed that iOS 5 patched the PDF exploit. So all in all if comex were to release it tomorrow then Apple would have a 1 day advantage for the early leak. So basically people are mad because comex deserves all the credit but they think im taking credit (which im not).

Saiz

macrumors member
Dec 26, 2008
Everyone is freaking out that Apple now has a "head start" for patching it. However, comex already confirmed that iOS 5 patched the PDF exploit. So all in all if comex were to release it tomorrow then Apple would have a 1 day advantage for the early leak. So basically people are mad because comex deserves all the credit but they think im taking credit (which im not).

Yet you are saying I said all this stuff I never even said. I never said I was a beta tester and am not a beta tester. You are the one who made up the fake 7 pm release time tomorrow not me. Stop being a complete jerk and just admit this is 98% your fault.

ethics101

macrumors regular
Apr 16, 2011
Yet you are saying I said all this stuff I never even said. I never said I was a beta tester and am not a beta tester. You are the one who made up the fake 7 pm release time tomorrow not me. Stop being a complete jerk and just admit this is 98% your fault.

Do you happen to have the 4.3.1 file?

kalex

macrumors 65816
Oct 1, 2007
Simple. 403 is access denied error. Cydia servers had their permissions adjusted to deny requests done by pdf file. Basically the pdf code inside the file does its thing and then tries to hit cydia servers to start downloading whatever it needs to get going. Cydia blocked that part

FeaRThiS

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2011

Think about it for a mintue if comex release 24 hours after the leak he is working alone so he has 24 hours to get the jailbreak ready, but apple on the other hand have teams of devs so a small team of 10 would have 240 hours to patch 100 dev team 2400 hours to patch and comex only gets 24 hours. The fact that you leaked the jailbreak that wasnt finished is proof enough that you are an idiot.

ombrenelcielo

macrumors regular
Jan 21, 2011
Helsinki, Finland

"wow, I have he beta of the Jailbreak, that's cool, let's release it and become a hero" = epic FAIL.

tehreflex

macrumors 6502
Jul 30, 2009
If it worked he'd be my hero but Saurik is all "DENIED". So the leak doesn't matter anyway.

MultiMediaWill

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2010
Minneapolis
Yea I realized what I did was wrong. I apologized to comex (even though it doesn't change anything) and I deleted my twitter, the website, and my youtube account. Stupid decision by me. Since I had the tools to jailbreak I felt overpowered and I was foolish.

geko29

macrumors 6502
Nov 10, 2008
Think about it for a mintue if comex release 24 hours after the leak he is working alone so he has 24 hours to get the jailbreak ready, but apple on the other hand have teams of devs so a small team of 10 would have 240 hours to patch 100 dev team 2400 hours to patch and comex only gets 24 hours. The fact that you leaked the jailbreak that wasnt finished is proof enough that you are an idiot.

Except....coding doesn't work that way, adding more resources doesn't solve things quicker. Correcting a single problem is typically no faster with 1,000 programmers than it is with one. You only get some level of time multiplication when you have different programmers working on different modules, so their efforts are independent.

dayloon

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2005
Stafford, UK
Yea I realized what I did was wrong. I apologized to comex (even though it doesn't change anything) and I deleted my twitter, the website, and my youtube account. Stupid decision by me. Since I had the tools to jailbreak I felt overpowered and I was foolish.

Nobody can ask you to do more than that. We all do stupid things which seem like a good idea at the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.