Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hxctom

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 21, 2015
My ipad 2 is running 5.1.1. I have a custom IPSW and I would like to put it into PWNED DFU, but redsn0w says that the iPad 2 is not supported for that feature yet.

How can I put my ipad into PWNED DFU mode? I would like to restore (I stitched my 5.1.1 blobs with the 5.1.1 firmware).

When I try to restore without doing this PWNED DFU I get error 11 in iTunes.

Thank you very much!

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
My ipad 2 is running 5.1.1. I have a custom IPSW and I would like to put it into PWNED DFU, but redsn0w says that the iPad 2 is not supported for that feature yet.

How can I put my ipad into PWNED DFU mode? I would like to restore (I stitched my 5.1.1 blobs with the 5.1.1 firmware).

Thank you very much!

The iPad 2 had the same processor as the 4S, which is the A5 chip

It's not susceptible to the bootrom exploits used on the A4 chip. The iPad 2 can't enter PWNed DFU mode

There is a way to re-restore iOS 5.1.1 because of a bug with the APTicket but you need to meet certain requirements

You may need to search up the requirements and steps to complete the re-restore

Applejuiced

macrumors Westmere
Apr 16, 2008
At the iPhone hacks section.

Thank you very much!

You cannot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.