Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

balcis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
These two questions are specifically important for me. I bought an iPad 2017 (5th gen?) last week and it came with iOS10 pre-installed. I'm aware of how iOS 11 has good stuff like flexible multi tasking and a floating dock (which I loved) and also daily usage performance is very smooth.

But I, myself is a real racing 3 addict and also I care about gaming performance and even more important than it is battery life. I may consider losing %10-15% battery life for iOS11, but not more I suppose.

As I said it's not even one week and my charge is about 40% so battery life on iOS10 is great! What are your usage notes and comments on iOS11(.1) with iPad 2017?

akash.nu

macrumors G4
May 26, 2016
You’ll be satisfied with both. I’m not much of a gamer but I used to play real racing a lot and the chipsets on that iPad would be more than enough to handle it. iOS 11 runs fine.

balcis

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 20, 2012
well I've done it and for gaming performace I didn't notice any difference. Now I'll check for battery but it needs couple of days (which is good).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.