Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I'm looking for a back cover for my ipad 4 and cant find anything, they all say fit ipad 2/3/4 and I know thats not true because I ordered one that said that and it doesn't fit since the back is different. I'm looking on amazon so I guess I'm going to have to buy from a known case maker any suggestions? looking for something clear/frost to go with a smart cover

mofunk

macrumors 68020
Aug 26, 2009
Americas
Yes they all fit. 2/3/4 The only difference is that if it's a iPad 2 is the weight and a scoshe (smaller) depth. So if you buy an iPad 2 case for an iPad 3, the iPad 3 will fit snug.

iPad 2
Height: 9.50 inches, Width: 7.31 inches, Depth: 0.34 inch, Weight: 1.5 pounds

iPad 3
Height: 9.50 inches, Width: 7.31 inches, Depth: 0.37 inch, Weight: 1.44 pounds

iPad 4
Height: 9.50 inches, Width: 7.31 inches, Depth: 0.37 inch, Weight: 1.44 pounds

Tucano has a few cases
http://www.tucanousa.com/shop/back-cover-bordo-for-ipad-3rd-generation-1.html

Check here too at J&R

http://www.jr.com/product/productListing.jsp?Ntt=iPad+clear+case

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
Belkin has a nice frost color for a decent price and I often see them near the smart covers..like a sign. Lol

I have a incipio feather for my ipad 3.. Which said works for 2 as well but it's a bit snug. Really nice though, love the feel of it, easier to hold.

iBrody

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2008
Was thinking about getting the Incipio Smart Feather to use with a white iPad (4th gen) and dark grey smart cover.

Anyone who owns one these cases able to confirm whether they scuff up the back of the iPad when dirt etc gets between the case and device?

And does the frost case look better or cheaper looking than the corresponding colour for the smart cover i.e. dark grey in my case?

Pics would be appreciated.

Cheers

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
Was thinking about getting the Incipio Smart Feather to use with a white iPad (4th gen) and dark grey smart cover.

Anyone who owns one these cases able to confirm whether they scuff up the back of the iPad when dirt etc gets between the case and device?

And does the frost case look better or cheaper looking than the corresponding colour for the smart cover i.e. dark grey in my case?

Pics would be appreciated.

Cheers

no you'll be fine

a7d9d73d.jpg

fabbe539.jpg

d2a13cbd.jpg

6cd8e6fd.jpg

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.