Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

themusicmanrk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I just upgraded to iOS8 for my iPad 3 this morning and tried to sync it to iTunes. As the below shows, it's saying that my computer is no longer authorized for the purchases on my iPad and when I click on Authorize this computer in iTunes it says it's already authorized of course. Is anyone else having this problem after upgrading to iOS8?

Attachments

• Error syncing iPad with iOS8.jpg
    Error syncing iPad with iOS8.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 104

pmau

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2010
De-authorize your computer and authorize it again.

There is a point called "Manage Devices".
Remove your Mac. You don't loose anything.

The only Problem you have is when you want to associate your Mac with a different Apple ID.

Which brings me to the most important thing.
Make sure you are really using the same Apple ID on your iPad and your Mac.

themusicmanrk

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 6, 2013
I did everything you said pmau and it still gives the same error.

I made sure both my iMac and iPad had the same username and password. When I did this, the Manage Devices button disappeared from the account option in the iTunes store. I also had to redo the iTunes match as well with my computer for some reason. I'm still getting the same error message about my computer not being authorized for purchases after making sure of the username and password. Not sure what to do next other than restoring my iPad which I'd rather not do.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.