Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TWO2SEVEN

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 27, 2010
Plano, TX
Personally, I am not too concerned with the iPad 4. I got the 3 on launch day and have been happy with it (after one exchange). Like others have said, it still does everything it did on Tuesday morning.

I have been looking at either the Otterbox or the Survivor. Both retail (from the manufacturer) for between $70 and $90. I had found them on Amazon for between $50 and $70.

Yesteday I checked Amazon and both can be had new for under $55 and used for as low at $20.

For those of us keeping the 3, I see this as a benefit. I would love to have the newest device at all time, but I am content with having what I have and I know I am fortunate to have them.

Broadus

macrumors 65816
Oct 26, 2011
Upstate SC
Will cases indeed drop much? I ordered a refurbished 3rd gen. iPad (32GB) today and looked at cases. Those for the 3rd gen. appear to be advertising as fitting the 4th also. The Devicewear cases seem to be about what they have been.

But I hope you're right. I need a new case. ;)

Senseotech

macrumors 6502a
Nov 23, 2009
NC
The single difference as far as cases are concerned between 3rd and 4th gen is the connector at the bottom. The vast majority of cases for 3rd gen will work with 4th gen because either theres no specific cut out (i.e. the whole bottom is exposed) or because the 30-pin cutout is large enough to accommodate the lightning connector.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.