Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
As we wait until Friday for the iPad 3G. Lets hear what 'ready iPad apps' you've bought or purchased for free for the incoming iPad 3G.

Heres mine:

Supports iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad apps: Pandora Radio, 10 pin Shuffle

Supports iPhone and iPod touch Apps: Justin.tv, NAVIGON MobileNavigator North America, Skype

Supports iPad Apps: Bento for iPad, Browser Duo, Calculator for iPad, eTextbooks for the iPad, Flipside HD, Galcon Fusion, iBooks, Night Stand HD, Penultimate, The Pinball HD, Shazam for iPad, Weather HD, Weather Radar HD

Wish List: Pages (for iPad), Scrabble for iPad, The Early Edition (for iPad)

WDW

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
CT
Here's an abbreviated list, since I'm somewhat disgusted by how many apps I've downloaded so far.

Universal apps that I had for my iPhone already:
ActPrinter, Amazon, Delivery Status, IMDB, Instapaper Pro, Pandora

Free apps:
ABC Player, Adobe Ideas, AirAP News, Beatwave, Calculator XL, Dictionary, EasyTaskPad (while I wait for 2Do), Guardian Eyewitness, Ludo, Marvel Comics, Netflix, Sudoku Takeout, Sundry Notes, Table Checkers HD, Tap Tap Radiation, Weather Bug Elite, Weather Channel, World Book, Yahoo Entertainment, Zinio

Paid apps:
Ace Freecell, Air Video, Magic Piano, Wolfram Alpha

On my "wish list" (may purchase):
Crosswords, Elements, Hangman RSS HD, Labyrinth 2 HD, Let's Golf HD, Need for Speed, Penultimate, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Sam & Max, Scrabble, Star Walk, Uno HD, Weather HD, Words With Friends HD

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
On my "wish list" (may purchase):
Crosswords, Elements, Hangman RSS HD, Labyrinth 2 HD, Let's Golf HD, Need for Speed, Penultimate, Plants vs Zombies, Real Racing, Sam & Max, Scrabble, Star Walk, Uno HD, Weather HD, Words With Friends HD

From your wish list I recommend Penultimate, Great reviews on that app. I am taking a math class this summer and would use this app to try out math problems instead of using a paper and pen.

I also Recommend Scrabble but I also do like Words With Friends. I'm having a tough time on which one I should get.

Weather HD is only a buck and the app really shows off the screen and is great to get a quick check on the weather.

Real Racing seems like a great game but I will have to wait awhile before purchasing it. I don't want to spend my money all at once.

One app I recommend is Galcon Fusion. Take a look at that from the app store. I had it for my iPhone but the iPad version looks so much better!

WDW

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
CT
Weather HD is only a buck and the app really shows off the screen and is great to get a quick check on the weather.

Real Racing seems like a great game but I will have to wait awhile before purchasing it. I don't want to spend my money all at once.

One app I recommend is Galcon Fusion. Take a look at that from the app store. I had it for my iPhone but the iPad version looks so much better!

My holdup on Weather HD is it sounded like you can only get the weather on certain cities, not any zip code? Looks gorgeous though.

I'm either getting Real Racing or NFS. Haven't decided yet.

Thanks for the Galcon Fusion rec. I've added it to my wish list. It's cheap enough that I might just get it for some variety.

LouieSamman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 23, 2008
Orlando, Florida
I need recommendations for a really good alarm app

Night Stand HD. Check it out in the app store. It's the best alarm app out there for the iPad.

One feature I like about it is that you can wake up from your iTunes library rather than an alarm sound. And the app looks great.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.