Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

testdrive

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2012
I've been searching around for some nice iPad 4 cases. Are the iPad 3 and iPad 4 cases going to be exactly the same or will the lightning connector make a difference?

solsearchin

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
They are interchangeable as the only exterior difference is the connector, you'll just have a slightly bigger hole due to the 30 pin being larger. I'm looking for some kind of case as well but it doesn't look like companies are releasing ipad 4 specific cases.

kalt

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
yea apparently nobody is going to make a case just for the ipad 4 with a smaller cut-out at the bottom for the lightning connector, keeping the large cut-out for the 30-pin connector.

This annoys me. I want as much of the back covered as possible. These companies make hundreds of different shapes and cutouts. It's not that hard to make one more.

kjparfekt

macrumors regular
Sep 24, 2012
Washington, DC
Any updates on iPad cases designed with a cutout for the lightning port of the new iPad 4? I ended up going with a hard shell Smart Cover combo from amazon by Khomo designed for the iPad 3 that looks great and has been working flawlessly

adam044

macrumors 65816
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I've been searching around for some nice iPad 4 cases. Are the iPad 3 and iPad 4 cases going to be exactly the same or will the lightning connector make a difference?

they will be the same. cutout at the bottom will just be bigger

silver8ack

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2010
I'm a big fan of the switcheasy Trig. It's a sleeve, but it converts to a stand as well.

I went through several types of cases, but I love the feel of the naked ipad so I've decided to stick with the sleeve.

greenyoga

macrumors member
Nov 4, 2012

I think the iPad 3 and iPad 4 cases are the same,i just saw some shops sell cases for iPad 3&4,they said iPad 3 case also fit on 4.I have a iPad 4,and i highly recommend you a shop: lineglory.com, i got my new bluetooth keyboard iPad 4 case there,they are really strong cases supplier,u can find almost all the latest cases there...

KennySmith

macrumors member
Nov 27, 2011

Dont think so... I believe all iPad 3 accessores can be used for ipad 4 since the lightning connector is smaller than the original charge port...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.