Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pk7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 27, 2011
Hello everyone,

As the owner of an iPad 4 since release day in November 2012 and as someone that won't be replacing my iPad until next year, I was wondering if anyone had put iOS 9 on their iPad 4.

The iPad 4 doesn't get any of the multitasking features that the iPad Air & Air 2 are going to get. My iPad 4 is slightly stuttery on iOS 8 but still perfectly usable and fast enough.

With the understanding that this is beta software, how does the iPad 4 perform on iOS 9? What noteworthy new features are there for owners of older iPads?

Cheers!

nightlong

macrumors 6502a
Jun 16, 2012
Australia
W
Hello everyone,

As the owner of an iPad 4 since release day in November 2012 and as someone that won't be replacing my iPad until next year, I was wondering if anyone had put iOS 9 on their iPad 4.

The iPad 4 doesn't get any of the multitasking features that the iPad Air & Air 2 are going to get. My iPad 4 is slightly stuttery on iOS 8 but still perfectly usable and fast enough.

With the understanding that this is beta software, how does the iPad 4 perform on iOS 9? What noteworthy new features are there for owners of older iPads?

Cheers!
Would also like to know. And, if iPad 4 will be able to do slide over ... More interested in this than split screen.

easonksh

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2011
I just got iOS 9 on my iPad 4 and Split Screen, Slide Over and PIP don't work on it.

sethlution

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2011
I just got iOS 9 on my iPad 4 and Split Screen, Slide Over and PIP don't work on it.

Well I know there's no way Split Screen will work on it, but kinda disappointed that Slide Over and PIP is not available given that it still has a relatively fast processor. Can't say it's unexpected though given Apple update history. I guess I have to update my iPad a little faster than I had planned

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.