Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Before ios 8 and 8.1 I had 6 months between a hardreset now im above 10 hardresets a day when ipad was in use. Last days it has started resetting by itself even when not in use. Every time i open it i have to "enter pin after reset"
Can it be a hardware faliure or just the ios?
I hope 8.1.1 can fix it but with less than two months until warranty runs out i really want to know if this is just a software faliure!
For now the ipad4 64gb LTE is more or less useless.
Solution is maybe to reset the ipad from factory settings and not use the icloud backup. Ofcourse i would like to awoid the large complications that comes with that.
Should i try the factory reset and not use the backup before returning it?
To me it would mean hell to again spend a day entering logins for services.

I have a combination of many of the errors i see in here from lag to "no sim" icloud problems etc. etc.

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Getting worse... Serious lag and minutes from a complete reset loop:-/
Did a settings reset that did not help:-/

Silver78

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 24, 2013
Denmark
Okay 2 minutes after writing last post i noticed Deer Hunter 2014 update in app store but i do not have that crappy game on my device?! Whats with that?!
Before i had two minutes before complete reset loop... Now im down to one minute?

I tried pressing the deer hunter 2014update and the update installs the game? That i have never seen before. No game on device but an update and pressing update installs the game?

Also seems like google drive app is stuck and now 30sec to complete reset loop?! Wtf is going on?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.