Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

emailname66

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 24, 2015
I manage 100+ iPads for my company. A 4th gen iPad battery has been rapidly draining and dead before end of the work day. I already reset it to factory settings and did everything related to decreasing battery drain (i.e. auto-lock at 2 minutes, screen brightness at half, kill apps not in use, disabled background app refresh, notifications disabled, bluetooth disabled, auto-brightness disabled). It is running iOS 10.1.

Any suggestions on what I can try short of replacing this iPad???

Willo34

macrumors regular
Feb 5, 2015
Netherlands
You can try and change the battery. I believe they are available for around 40 bucks.....Seems to be the cheapest option.

Math889

macrumors 65816
Jan 7, 2016
Op, you have 3 options

1-Change the battery and continue using IPad 4
2- Upgrade to IPad Pro or Air 2
3-Wait for Pro 2

MacLeg

macrumors newbie
Aug 16, 2010
I manage 100+ iPads for my company. A 4th gen iPad battery has been rapidly draining and dead before end of the work day. I already reset it to factory settings and did everything related to decreasing battery drain (i.e. auto-lock at 2 minutes, screen brightness at half, kill apps not in use, disabled background app refresh, notifications disabled, bluetooth disabled, auto-brightness disabled). It is running iOS 10.1.

Any suggestions on what I can try short of replacing this iPad???

My Gen 3 was doing this (new in July 2012) and finally reached a point where it wouldn't charge. Apple is charging $99 as we speak to either replace the iPad or the battery, I'm not sure which at this point.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.