Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pinklady81

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 17, 2020
I was wondering if there are other people having the same problem as me with their iPads. My iPad literally restarts/reboots every 3 minutes. I have had to iPad for about 4 months now without any issues until yesterday. It just started rebooting randomly so I managed to update the software but had zero luck. I was on the phone today with apple support for almost 3 hours today and we tried everything but again had zero luck. They want me to send the iPad for repair but I feel this is unacceptable! This is a new iPad and I bought it brand new...I didn't buy a refurbished product. We have reset to factory settings and have updated via iTunes from my computer with little luck. I also noticed it will shut off right away if its connected and I unplug it. I would love to hear if others are having or have had the same issue.
thanks

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
Have seen the same issue, but it is not common ( in my limited experience - two or three times out of 10,000ish iPads ).
Best choice is Warranty Repair. Apple overnights the box, you may even have a replacement before the end of the week.

If you are interested: you can download AppleConfigurator and check the console. It will hint at what is causing the reboot.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Having completely refreshed the software with the same results, l'm guessing hardware fault. No alternative really other than sending it in.

sparksd

macrumors G3
Jun 7, 2015
Seattle WA
Do you have the link to it?

It's Mac only, no Windows -

You can use it to look at logs, etc -

Reactions: 960design
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.