Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
I have tried a hard reset, reboot, everything except wipe the device. It simply won't update.

Software Update Failed
An error occurred downloading iPadOS 13.3.

All other functionality works.

Sorig

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2017
There was just another thread about the same issue. The author had an iPhone X I think.

I had the same problem too. I could not OTA update my iPhone 11 from 13.2.3 to 13.3. I had to restore using iTunes. Not even erasing all content and settings from the device worked.

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
That's strange. I wonder what's going on. At first, I thought it might be a space issue, but no, I have 29GB free. I have auto updates on and this is a older Pro my son uses, I thought it would have updated on it's own by now, since 13.3 came out over a month ago.

960design

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2012
Destin, FL
I have tried a hard reset, reboot, everything except wipe the device. It simply won't update.
Software Update Failed
An error occurred downloading iPadOS 13.3.
  1. Download Apple Configurator 2 from App Store.
  2. Connect iPad Pro via USB Lightning cable to Mac ( running Catalina ).
  3. Control Click device once it appears ( and you have Trusted it )
  4. Select Update

Reactions: orangecrushv

kmod75

macrumors member
Sep 26, 2015
Houston
Had the same issue with a brand new iPhone 11 pro, unlocked yesterday. Factory loaded with 13.2.2 and wouldn't update OTA. Finally was able to do manually through iTunes with help from Apple Tech Support. They "claim" engineers are looking into it. Appears to be a thing.

Reactions: rui no onna

Yaboze

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 31, 2007
The Garden State
Sorry for the late response. This worked 100%! Thanks 960design. I never used Apple Configurator before, so I learned something new in the process.

Reactions: 960design

Crawler666

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2012
I have the same problem with an AppleTV HD. 13.2 is installed and the update to 13.3 shows the mentioned error every time. I can't even load the IPSW via ipsw.me. Seems something is wrong with Apples update servers. Strangely enough, I can download nearly every other IPSW for various devices, except tvOS 13.3 for the ATV HD. I get the mentioned error since thursday, on wednesday I updated another ATV HD to 13.3 without any problems.

I also can't update via finder (ATV connected over USB-C), same error ...

Reactions: rui no onna
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.