Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
What covers & screen protectors for the iPad 9th gen do you recommend? For the cover, I am looking for one that will protect the iPad especially the exposed edges & corners, is lightweight, converts into a stand, doesn’t block the camera lens, & is priced under $40. Not looking for plastic. I will not use a keyboard or pencil holder.

For the screen protector, something easy to adhere to the screen so there are no bubbles.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Moneymiike420

macrumors regular
Jul 18, 2012
The speck balance folio is pretty nice,does add a little bulk but not much. The trifold cases are also nice and protect the front and back. I got the moko trifold case. I wanted the Esr one but they didn't have dark grey. As for screen protector I use mine naked sorry

Mrs HBF

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2010
The speck balance folio is pretty nice,does add a little bulk but not much. The trifold cases are also nice and protect the front and back. I got the moko trifold case. I wanted the Esr one but they didn't have dark grey. As for screen protector I use mine naked sorry
Thank you!

djdelarosa25

macrumors newbie
Nov 29, 2021
Philippines
ESR Rebound Slim as recommended by Wirecutter.

Given the quality of this thing, I'd still call it reasonable if it were priced double or even triple of how much it costs. My only complaint is that the microfiber lining attracts lint very easily and is a chore to keep clean, but that's a common thing with all folio-style cases, I guess.

For the screen protector, I'm planning to buy a tempered glass one from ESR. I hate how matte screen protectors look and feel to the touch and I won't be writing notes and drawing all that too often for the benefits to sway me to use it. My only problem is that it would probably make the air gap even more noticeable. If the display was laminated, I would've bought one in a heartbeat. Oh well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.