Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mrstu82

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 23, 2018
Hi, I have recently purchased an ipad air 2 off a popular auction site. The problem is it won't turn off and the power button is non responsive. I cannot enter dfu mode, have reinstalled the latest IOS and even tried the last digitally signed firmware, no difference. Using assisted mode I try shut down, it starts to turn off then starts again and hangs on flashing apple screen until I plug in a power source then starts right up. Volume buttons work fine, not sure if it's had a new screen as I've read the power/volume ribbon is easy to tear. Would this cause these symptoms? I'm no expert, have replelaced a few screens before but a new power button looks like a complete strip down. Everything else works fine and it syncs ok....any help would be appreciated, it's a Xmas present for my mum, she'll be happy as it is but would like to get it right. Thanks!

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
There is no need to shut down an iPad. As long as it works, I'm sure you're mom will be happy with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.