Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Hi all. I see the iPad Air 4 preorder/shipping thread but I wanted to see how many ordered through a mobile carrier, estimates, and delivery time. Especially if they’re marked as backorder.

Currently, I ordered through my carrier and it says backorder and won’t ship until Oct 30. Anyone else? What color did you order?

I ordered the blue color.

Last edited:

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
Ordered my Air 4 through AT&T the night it became available to order (Thursday night, so just a couple days ago). Estimate says it’s expected between Nov 2 and 9. I’m guessing Apple is being slow with supplying the carriers with inventory.

Reactions: slooksterPSV

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
Ordered my Air 4 through AT&T the night it became available to order (Thursday night, so just a couple days ago). Estimate says it’s expected between Nov 2 and 9. I’m guessing Apple is being slow with supplying the carriers with inventory.

I was curious when the LTE versions come out. Do they come out at the same time as WiFi only or are LTE ones later?? My guess is same timeframe.

Crow_Servo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2018
America
I was curious when the LTE versions come out. Do they come out at the same time as WiFi only or are LTE ones later?? My guess is same timeframe.
That’s my guess too. I know it took a while for the LTE versions to get officially approved, but I haven’t heard about a delayed launch. Then again, this whole launch has felt a bit unofficial ever since they announced it in September with a generic “available in October” release date. I’m just glad I should have it soon.

Seirra Beasley

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
Hi all. I see the iPad Air 4 preorder/shipping thread but I wanted to see how many ordered through a mobile carrier, estimates, and delivery time. Especially if they’re marked as backorder.

Currently, I ordered through my carrier and it says backorder and won’t ship until Oct 30. Anyone else? What color did you order?

I ordered the blue color.
Hi, I ordered through Verizon on the 19th. It just shows preparing to ship by October 30th. I've been going it's successful earlier. No luck so far.

julieknits

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2010
I ordered the blue 256GB LTE iPad Air 4 the morning of October 16th right when they became available. I was using the Verizon app as I had some device dollars that I wanted to spend. I was quick to submit the order and it has always said back ordered with shipping expected on October 30th.

Seirra Beasley

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2020
I ordered the blue 256GB LTE iPad Air 4 the morning of October 16th right when they became available. I was using the Verizon app as I had some device dollars that I wanted to spend. I was quick to submit the order and it has always said back ordered with shipping expected on October 30th.
Right. I was wondering if this was the same for others. I'm so anxious to receive it. I've been looking out for messages and updates around the clock. But still no change in the status since I ordered. I wonder if they've shipped the first batch.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.