Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mac2019

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
Looking for case recommendations. I want a nice slim line one and purchased this one (ESR Magnetic Case for iPad Air 4 2020 10.9 inch/iPad Pro 11 2018[Convenient Magnetic Attachment] [Trifold Smart Case] Rebound Series,Silver Grey: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories) but it arrived today and it looks quite cheap really, not very classy.

Bought this one in the past and really like it so would like something similar (can't find this one for the Air 4) -Forefront Cases Cover for Apple iPad Air 2 2nd Generation Folding Smart Case Cover Stand – Slim Light, Full Device Protection & Smart Auto Sleep Wake - White: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Suggestions welcomed.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
I bought this one but I haven’t seen it in person yet as it arrives tomorrow along with the iPad.

5403a8b0e3f3e5f7be24dbe56eb820af.jpg

Reactions: Mac2019

Mac2019

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
I bought this one but I haven’t seen it in person yet as it arrives tomorrow along with the iPad.

5403a8b0e3f3e5f7be24dbe56eb820af.jpg
How do you find this case? Just had mine delivered and I do wonder if the side protection is a bit hard and thus will scratch up the sides. But at the moment I have one with no side protection so swings and roundabouts, although it’ll mostly be used at home and have bought a sleeve for it to go in for times when I need to take it out and about. So my dilemma is current case with no side protection and the sleeve, or just the one with side protection and take the risk that it won’t scratch inside.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
How do you find this case? Just had mine delivered and I do wonder if the side protection is a bit hard and thus will scratch up the sides. But at the moment I have one with no side protection so swings and roundabouts, although it’ll mostly be used at home and have bought a sleeve for it to go in for times when I need to take it out and about. So my dilemma is current case with no side protection and the sleeve, or just the one with side protection and take the risk that it won’t scratch inside.
I felt the casing part was quite soft to be honest. The ESR case I have on my old iPad though is a hard thermoset sort of plastic, so it’s quite a different type of material. I’ve never noticed any scratches of damage on my iPads though once the cases are removed, so think the finish is quite durable. So far this seems a decent case for just 11 quid. :)

Reactions: Mac2019

Mac2019

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 12, 2016
Can anyone recommend a smart folding case which has a clear back? Ideally a black case but a clear back. I tried an infiland one but not sure I like the big extension for the Apple Pencil - looks bulky and will never use it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.