Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

erenreena

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 10, 2020
johor
Issue; Ipad Air 4 become dim and shows black blank screen intermittently.
My purchase Ipad Air 4 inspected that when running multiples application, the unit display brightness will become dim and turn to blank black screen intermittently. The unit also unresponsive to touch intermittently. Attempt to update the unit into latest OS, verified issue persist. Although they asked me try to update to ios14.2, the problem unresolved. Therefore, I get a new whole unit replacement under Apple Limited Warranty. Upon received, my new unit works fine. Unfortunately, same problem occur again. My new replacement unit become dim and shows black blank screen intermittently. I called the AppleCare and they told me to turn off the auto brightness setting. LOL is that dirty joke?

Last edited:

Iteufel

macrumors newbie
Feb 20, 2021
I have the same problem but it only occurs with some applications. For example, the Medium app.
I have also disabled the automatic brightness control.

contacos

macrumors 601
Nov 11, 2020
Mexico City living in Berlin
I had a similar issue a few weeks ago as I was sitting on the train. The brightness would turn all the way down on its own and the brightness pop up in the middle of the screen would pop up uncontrollable every second. A reboot and turning off auto brightness didn't even fix it. I had to force restart the iPad and that worked. I still do not know what it was and it hasn't happened since thankfully.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.