Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I ordered this case:

IVSO Touch - for New iPad Air 4 2020 10.9 inch Case with Keyboard, Trackpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 11 2018/2020, iPad Air 4th Gen Keyboard Case with Touchpad/Apple Pencil Holder(Backlit-Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H536WRX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EHUOFbQ89Z45Y

I’m wondering if anyone is curious about it or even has it. It doesn’t have any written reviews on Amazon yet. Maybe I should post a video about it?

I didn’t think spending $179 on a case was feasible so I went with a $50 one.

Does anyone have this? If so what are your thought?

Reactions: ascender

MarleneB48

macrumors newbie
Nov 7, 2020
I ordered this case:

IVSO Touch - for New iPad Air 4 2020 10.9 inch Case with Keyboard, Trackpad Keyboard Case for iPad Pro 11 2018/2020, iPad Air 4th Gen Keyboard Case with Touchpad/Apple Pencil Holder(Backlit-Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H536WRX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_EHUOFbQ89Z45Y

I’m wondering if anyone is curious about it or even has it. It doesn’t have any written reviews on Amazon yet. Maybe I should post a video about it?

Please report once you have used it. I just got my iPad Air 4 and am having a hard time finding a case with decent reviews for under $150. There seem to be issues with all of them, and so many look like the same case from different sellers; hard to tell. I’m thinking of getting a non-keyboard case for now just to protect it and using a separate bluetooth keyboard until there are more cases. The Logitech folio gets good reviews but it is thick and heavy, plus hard to use on a lap (not sure if that’s a problem or not!). That said, it’s $160....

jeddouglas

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Inverness, UK
Please report once you have used it. I just got my iPad Air 4 and am having a hard time finding a case with decent reviews for under $150. There seem to be issues with all of them, and so many look like the same case from different sellers; hard to tell. I’m thinking of getting a non-keyboard case for now just to protect it and using a separate bluetooth keyboard until there are more cases. The Logitech folio gets good reviews but it is thick and heavy, plus hard to use on a lap (not sure if that’s a problem or not!). That said, it’s $160....
I've been looking at that one as well as have new Air 4 on order with apple pencil 2. Have also seen this one which seems to have had some positive reviews:

Not ordered anything yet as also considering used Apple smart folio from eBay which I can probably pick up for about £50. I know it doesn't have trackpad but was thinking I can use the apple pencil as a mouse/trackpad substitute, but would welcome any comments/advice on this.

Anyway, would be good to know how you get on with the IVSO keyboard case please once you have had a chance to try it out.

jeddouglas

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Inverness, UK
I ordered this case:

Hi, has your case arrived and if so, what's it like to use?

fadhilfirdausi

macrumors newbie
Nov 14, 2020
Darmstadt, Germany
If your problems with Logitech folio touch are the thickness, heavy, and not „lapable“, the only solution is just magic keyboard. No other solution than magic keyboard for these problems. What do you expect from the lower price? The cases at lower price just got the same problem with additional bluetooth connection, need to be charged, cheaper material, bad trackpad (because doesn‘t have apple‘s driver).

Logitech folio touch is for me a great deal for having a fully support from apple. You just get the same feeling with magic keyboard for a half price. Got a nice keyboard feeling (some said better than magic keyboard), got a nice trackpad (which use the glass material as same as on the magic keyboard), and the trackpad got an apple‘s driver (which allow you to use all the gesture on magic keyboard, and not lagging when scrolling like other non apple supported trackpad)

macdogpro

macrumors 6502a
Jul 22, 2020
If your problems with Logitech folio touch are the thickness, heavy, and not „lapable“, the only solution is just magic keyboard. No other solution than magic keyboard for these problems. What do you expect from the lower price? The cases at lower price just got the same problem with additional bluetooth connection, need to be charged, cheaper material, bad trackpad (because doesn‘t have apple‘s driver).

Logitech folio touch is for me a great deal for having a fully support from apple. You just get the same feeling with magic keyboard for a half price. Got a nice keyboard feeling (some said better than magic keyboard), got a nice trackpad (which use the glass material as same as on the magic keyboard), and the trackpad got an apple‘s driver (which allow you to use all the gesture on magic keyboard, and not lagging when scrolling like other non apple supported trackpad)
I second this.
Bluetooth connection means bad trackpad functionality in general.
And even Logitech one often comes with software issues.
Also I won’t trade Magic Keyboard’s lapability for cheaper price, it’s so much useful combined with iPad Pro’s 11” form factor, I am able to work in tight places with comfort lately (been avoiding to do this with regular laptop because of the heat).

jeddouglas

macrumors regular
Dec 13, 2012
Inverness, UK
I second this.
Bluetooth connection means bad trackpad functionality in general.
And even Logitech one often comes with software issues.
Also I won’t trade Magic Keyboard’s lapability for cheaper price, it’s so much useful combined with iPad Pro’s 11” form factor, I am able to work in tight places with comfort lately (been avoiding to do this with regular laptop because of the heat).
Thanks for the advice. I think I am going to go for a used smart folio keyboard on eBay. Should be able to get one for about £50. I know it doesn't have trackpad but I have an Apple Pencil that I am hoping to use as a trackpad/mouse substitute.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.