Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

zidarko

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2020
Hi,

I noticed that since at least ipadOS 16.3 and continuing into 16.4.1 my iPad Air 5 doesn‘t work with my external monitor anymore. When connect I the two, the iPad starts to charge and that’s all. The screen doesn’t turn on, nothing. Conversely, I cannot use the keyboard and mouse that are connected to this monitor. This used to work. I can replicate the issue on with my wife’s iPad Air 5 running the same version of ipadOS.

The external monitor is a Dell S2722QC and the connection is USB-C. The same monitor works well with my M1-powered MacBook Pro that is permanently in clamshell mode.

Enabling Stage Manager makes no difference.

Any tips on where to look for a solution?

Thanks!

Last edited:

martens

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2019
Ouch. Everything works okay with my iPad Pro 12.9 (M1) over USB-C and Samsung LS27A800U, FWIW.

Sounds like issue is on Apple side of things. Unfortunately I they don't certify it will work on any given monitor, and conversely monitor vendors don't seem to make any claims, either.

You might post on discussions.apple.com.

Last edited:

zidarko

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 30, 2020
Yeah. Thanks for pointing me to discussions.apple.com. I forgot about that website.

It’s annoying because it used to work… hack I was even considering making the iPad Air my go-to device.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.