Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FeliApple

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2015
We still use iPhone 6S here too as they're awesome phones. Think I'm on iOS 12.
They are! Battery life is extremely reduced when compared to iOS 10 but performance is fine. That said, there’s a massive difference between iOS 12 and 13, and an even greater drop on iOS 15. Even with a new battery, battery life probably won’t be enough even for light users. I tried an iPhone 6s on iOS 13 and I got about 1.5 hours of screen-on time with light use on iOS 13, with about 65% remaining. I would maybe barely get 4 hours. Somebody I know bought an iPhone 6s on iOS 15 (with a new battery!) and only got 2/2.5 hours of screen-on time on iOS 15. I’m a light user, so I might get a little more than that, but it’s still not good enough.
On iOS 12 it is better, though. Not like iOS 10, but it’s not iOS 15-like, luckily. For what it’s worth, I’m getting 7.5 hours of light use on iOS 10 with 63% health.

Reactions: Dylan33x

Digitalguy

macrumors 601
Apr 15, 2019
They are! Battery life is extremely reduced when compared to iOS 10 but performance is fine. That said, there’s a massive difference between iOS 12 and 13, and an even greater drop on iOS 15. Even with a new battery, battery life probably won’t be enough even for light users. I tried an iPhone 6s on iOS 13 and I got about 1.5 hours of screen-on time with light use on iOS 13, with about 65% remaining. I would maybe barely get 4 hours. Somebody I know bought an iPhone 6s on iOS 15 (with a new battery!) and only got 2/2.5 hours of screen-on time on iOS 15. I’m a light user, so I might get a little more than that, but it’s still not good enough.
On iOS 12 it is better, though. Not like iOS 10, but it’s not iOS 15-like, luckily. For what it’s worth, I’m getting 7.5 hours of light use on iOS 10 with 63% health.
In my experience what really changes from IOS 10 to the latest OS versions is stand-by time, stand-by is amazing on 10. When you use the device the difference is not so huge.

Reactions: rui no onna

The-Barron

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2009
It’s come a long way since iPad Air 2 which is the first iPad which gave a lot better performance than the iPhone it came out then ( iPhone 6).

The A8X changed things around when it came to iPad having better performance and longevity.

Did you have the Air 2? Did you upgrade to any in between. I’m still rocking mine and considering where to go

Homme

macrumors 6502a
Jun 17, 2014
Sydney
Did you have the Air 2? Did you upgrade to any in between. I’m still rocking mine and considering where to go

I had 2 iPad Air 2’s this year for the first time briefly ( I gave away a iPad 6th Gen and a iPad Pro 10.5 inch to friends in exchange for the iPads because I knew apple would drop it).

The times I used it they were still solid as. A8X is still good for iPadOS 15 ( and it should of gotten iPadOS 16)

and because iPadOS 16 is delayed the Air 2 is still supported for now getting close to its 8th year of not being dropped yet. And it was released before and after these products lost new iOS support

iPhone 6s

iPhone 6s plus

iPhone SE

iPhone 7

iPhone 7 Plus

iPad Mini 3 ( both released same time but worst or second worst iPad ever)

iPad Mini 4 ( both lose new
iPadOS support the same time when iPadOS 16 come out, a very good iPad Mini)

iPod Touch 6th Generation

iPod Touch 7th Generation

It’s amazing the Air 2 is supported even to the point of the iPhone 14 lineup briefly because of the delay

the 10th Gen iPad IMO is a good choice to upgrade your Air 2 when it gets revealed

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.