Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

misterneums

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
Perhaps this isn't the best place for this question. I am wondering if ATT has locked the ability to wireless tether using the 25 dollar for 1 GB of data over 3 months plan. I ask because I'm on Verizon, however I have zero service at my cabin, and ATT has 4G available there.

Any respones would be greatly appreciated.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Perhaps this isn't the best place for this question. I am wondering if ATT has locked the ability to wireless tether using the 25 dollar for 1 GB of data over 3 months plan. I ask because I'm on Verizon, however I have zero service at my cabin, and ATT has 4G available there.
If you already have the iPad 3 or newer wifi+cellular, you can get an AT&T Micro or Nano SIM for around $5 from ebay and test for yourself.

misterneums

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 2, 2009
I wasn't clear. I really have no interest in getting a Verizon iPad, it would only be for ATT and I'd want the ATT model. I'm just wondering if it is possible to tether against it based off of that plan.

eagleglen

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I have an att iPad and in the View Account info, only the $50 plan with 5GB says it includes tethering. I currently have the 3GB plan activated and it definitely is not activated, so I doubt the 1GB/3mo plan will either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.