Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TheBluePengu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2020
I am using my iPad since August. I have noticed a white spot in the lower right corner of the iPad. It is not that noticeable but it can be annoying while reading PDFs. I avoided buying iPad Pro 10.5 because of this problem and now I have the same problem on my iPad Air3. I gave my iPad to the Apple Authorized Service (there is no Apple Store in my city) to replace it. They said they could send it to the Apple Store but they might not notice the spot and I have to go to the Apple Store to show the spot. Which is 400km away from me. How am I supposed to go there just to show the bright spot. It is a complete disappointment.

Sorry for the photo as I said it is not that noticeable and hard to shot, that was the clearest shot I got.

Attachments

• 6879338A-CCA1-4953-A0A6-856BA517C44B.jpeg
    6879338A-CCA1-4953-A0A6-856BA517C44B.jpeg
    151.3 KB · Views: 798

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
I can't see anything either. I'd say if it's not easily noticeable, try to ignore it. Any replacement they agree to send (probably refurbished) might have something worse.

Last edited:

TheBluePengu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2020
I can't see anything either. I'd say if it's not easily noticeable, try to ignore it. Any replacement they agree to send (probably refurbished) might have something worse.
You’re right. I’ll try to ignore it. If this gets worse I’ll go to the Apple Store to replace it.

Freakonomics101

macrumors 68030
Nov 6, 2014

Not too likely. Refurbished units receive a more in depth inspection than new units do so there’s a better chance of catching something like that with a refurb.

Richard8655

macrumors 68000
Mar 11, 2009
Chicago suburbs
Not too likely. Refurbished units receive a more in depth inspection than new units do so there’s a better chance of catching something like that with a refurb.

Do you have any documented evidence of that? Here on this forum, many 10.5 owners reported getting Apple store replacements then seeing white spots and other issues on those too. Often, they then got further replacements as a result. I don't think refurbs are any guarantee of better quality than new, at best. I'd rather buy new myself.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I am using my iPad since August. I have noticed a white spot in the lower right corner of the iPad. It is not that noticeable but it can be annoying while reading PDFs. I avoided buying iPad Pro 10.5 because of this problem and now I have the same problem on my iPad Air3. I gave my iPad to the Apple Authorized Service (there is no Apple Store in my city) to replace it. They said they could send it to the Apple Store but they might not notice the spot and I have to go to the Apple Store to show the spot. Which is 400km away from me. How am I supposed to go there just to show the bright spot. It is a complete disappointment.

Sorry for the photo as I said it is not that noticeable and hard to shot, that was the clearest shot I got.
I can just barely see it...

Reactions: BigMcGuire

TheBluePengu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2020
I found another Premium Authorised Service today. Fortunately, they spotted the problem and ordered a new iPad to change it. Also, I've found that they can't change with the refurbished one because this is forbidden in my country's consumer law.

LostAggie

macrumors 6502a
Aug 15, 2011
I have had two Air 3s with this white spot issue. On my 4th device... it happens again, and getting refund.

TheBluePengu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2020
The unit I recieved has developed another white spot problem. But this one is much more smaller. It is not that annoying so I‘ll wait summer break to replace it. Btw this unit isn’t refurbished and still developed another white spot.
[automerge]1583689879[/automerge]
I have had two Air 3s with this white spot issue. On my 4th device... it happens again, and getting refund.

I‘ll get refund if this happens again. It is so diappointing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.