Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

loicfc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 31, 2016
Paris
Hello everyone,

Since the update to iOS 10, something very strange happened with FaceTime notifications and sound. Let me explain to you the issue.

When someone calls me (regular phone call) the call from the iPhone used to ring on my Mac and my iPad. Now only the iPhone and Mac ring but almost never the iPad. They show the call but the ringtone is missing most of the time on the iPad.

Something more strange, when someone calls me with FaceTime (audio or video) the Mac and iPad ring and if I miss the call on the lock screen I have the notification and on the home screen or dock in the Mac I have the "1" or whatever numbers showing me the missed calls. But if it's a regular phone call, I don't have notifications or numbers on the FaceTime app on the iPad (it works without issue on the Mac though).

Of course all my devices aren't in silent mode, I tried on the iPad to deactivate FaceTime notifications, then reactivate. I made a DFU restore of the iPhone and iPad. I think it's a iOS 10 issue. The notifications on the iPad work if it's FaceTime audio or video but doesn't work if it's a call from the iPhone.

Do you have this issue as well?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.