Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Title says it all. My 8 and my iPad got the update, but my X shows no sign of the update.... Any ideas as to why?

Funny, my 8 has performed superbly on the 12 beta and my X has been abysmal. . If my 8 had a better battery life I’d switch over permanently to that phone.

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
Do you have the beta profile installed?
Do you have Automatic updates on?
Have you tried Software Update manually?
Have you done a restart?

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
Had the beta profiled installed and the automatic update on. I ended up doing exactly what you suggested. Deleted the profile I had, went into my developer account and downloaded beta 2 for the phone and my watch. Seems like the update went smoothly. Updating my watch now. Just found it weird that that was the only hardware that didn’t update.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
Had the beta profiled installed and the automatic update on. I ended up doing exactly what you suggested. Deleted the profile I had, went into my developer account and downloaded beta 2 for the phone and my watch. Seems like the update went smoothly. Updating my watch now. Just found it weird that that was the only hardware that didn’t update.
I find that if you install the wrong update profile on the iPhone then no updates will occur. In this case you need to remove all of the update profiles off the iPhone and restart. Then, reinstall the correct iPhone update profile onto the iPhone and restart. Is it possible that you had (also) installed the watch profile onto the iPhone?

dsr2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 19, 2013
I find that if you install the wrong update profile on the iPhone then no updates will occur. In this case you need to remove all of the update profiles off the iPhone and restart. Then, reinstall the correct iPhone update profile onto the iPhone and restart. Is it possible that you had (also) installed the watch profile onto the iPhone?
[doublepost=1529530915][/doublepost]I thought I had the right profile installed (I had the same one installed on my 8). However, I deleted all my profiles and installed them from my developer account and both my X and watch updated perfectly!

RSmith2023

macrumors 6502a
Sep 26, 2015
Atlanta, GA
[doublepost=1529530915][/doublepost]I thought I had the right profile installed (I had the same one installed on my 8). However, I deleted all my profiles and installed them from my developer account and both my X and watch updated perfectly!
I had the same issue. Simply removing and reinstalling the profile did it for me. (I have a copy of the profile I pulled from my developer account stored in OneDrive so that I can pull it quickly without having to go back through the developer site.

Solver

macrumors 65816
Jan 6, 2004
USA
It is not only about having the right profile installed. It is about what any update profile does one time internally right after a restart.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.