Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
Everytime I close and app to go to another (even for less than a minute), or have the device sleep for a few seconds, all apps restart from the beginning. Is this a bug in the OS? I've never had this happen on my iPhone 5. I can come back to the app 30 minutes after I have used it, and it will be waiting where I left it. I have "background app refresh" turned off.

batting1000

macrumors 604
Sep 4, 2011
Florida
Everytime I close and app to go to another (even for less than a minute), or have the device sleep for a few seconds, all apps restart from the beginning. Is this a bug in the OS? I've never had this happen on my iPhone 5. I can come back to the app 30 minutes after I have used it, and it will be waiting where I left it. I have "background app refresh" turned off.

The apps could be closed from the memory by the OS in order to make room for new processes / apps that you load forcing the others (which may have been auto-closed) to reload.

Eckscaliber

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 30, 2012
The apps could be closed from the memory by the OS in order to make room for new processes / apps that you load forcing the others (which may have been auto-closed) to reload.

I usually only have one app open, but it still does it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.