Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ripebanana11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 12, 2020
In 2020 I purchased the app procreate and I have been using it ever since, i use family sharing with my siblings and i told my brother to download the app on his new ipad and he said that it doesn’t show up in my purchases. I looked through all my purchases, my hidden purchases, purchase history and I can’t find it! And when i try to rate it on the App Store it says that I don’t own it! The weird thing is I remember buying it and its on my ipad right now!! Please help!

Attached is a screenshot of me trying to review it, as you can see in the upper corner it says “open” and not the price of the app, indicating that i own the app.

Attachments

• 9CB9287A-D6A6-408B-B47A-8729E41A34FB.png
    9CB9287A-D6A6-408B-B47A-8729E41A34FB.png
    970.8 KB · Views: 131

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not all apps support family sharing or support it properly. I dunno about procreate but I'd consider logging into your brother's iPad with your own Apple ID and see if you can download the app that way. (You do not need to log out iCloud on your brother's iPad) If it downloads the procreate has issues with family sharing. If not, something is wrong with your procreate purchase.

rui no onna

Contributor
Oct 25, 2013
Contact Apple. There may be an issue on their end. Also, are you sure you didn’t use a different iTunes account to buy it? Maybe another sibling in the Family Sharing group already bought it before you did?

I tried using the iPad on my dummy/beta account and Procreate showed up in the purchases under my main account. Even “buying” the app again via search recognized a “family member” has purchased it before.

Screenshot 2023-02-03 at 11.09.32 PM.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.