Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
Curious if anyone has found apps they use on their iPhones just aren't practical for use on the iPad.

I personally found that I rather keep my shopping list app on the iPhone , simply because I can walk into a supermarket or any other store and quickly view my list without having to lug around a 10 inch monitor.

Anyone else found apps you find not practical on your iPad?

Cinder6

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2009
TaskPaper. The iPhone is just a bit more convenient because of its size. I usually use the app when I'm out and about, when I'm not with the iPad.

pondie84

macrumors 6502a
Jan 28, 2008
Anything you do 'on the run' really. It's just not practical to pull an iPad out to quickly check a postcode when you're at the post office or to check a train timetable.

The iPad really seems to be more for stationary use than transitional use. In other words, the iPhone (a mobile device) is more practical when you're mobile :p

boss1

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 8, 2007
I downloaded a fitness app for the iPad and after I realized, I'm not taking my iPad to the gym lol.

Zepaw

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
MN
A few games feel better on iPhone because the controls from them end up unwieldy on the iPad.
I can't think of any other specific apps, but I have had that feeling a few times that this just does not make nearly as much sense on iPad as on iPhone.

Way more than not are so much better on iPad, especially when it is made better instead of just a direct iPhone port. :)

Zimmy68

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Pandora is almost perfect on the iPhone.
On the iPad, it is still a great app but seems too rushed.
So much empty screen real estate.
Half the screen is the same text about the artist.
Small album artwork, etc.

roland.g

macrumors 604
Apr 11, 2005
ESPN ScoreCenter works decently on the iPhone, flipping through the different sports, but on the iPad they rushed out ScoreCenter XL and the interface sucks. The games are along the top (portrait) or along the side (landscape) with a big box for the news, video, or selected game. Give me a grid option to have all the NHL or NBA or this fall NFL games laid out like the iPhone more so you can see more games at once. Also expand the boxes in that view to have scoring info like they do on the scores page on their website. What would be perfect is to be able to create a page from live games so I could see the NHL and NBA playoff scores I am interested in on one screen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.