Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amcottre

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2017
I just got an iPad Air 4 and have noticed a couple times now that when I turn it off at night, by the time I turn it on in the am the battery % is higher than when I shut it down. Ex: last charged to 76% last night, turned on today to see it at 80%. I never noticed it with my iPhone or previous iPad but maybe that's just because a) I rarely turned them off for extended time periods or just never paid attention to it and b) the new iPad is new and I'm overly paying attention to it. Anyone else notice that? Is it normal? I haven't tried to recalibrate or reset the iPad yet as it's not really a huge deal, I just assume its the OS more accurately displaying the actual charge (after it had been charging) when turned back on. Apologies if this has been discussed, I searched a bunch and couldn't find a thread about it.

hammie14

macrumors regular
Mar 18, 2010
UK
Had the same with my new M1 iPad Pro, I don’t think its a issue!

I have been using it and it was 93% and then closed the app and it went up to 94% never seen more then a 1% increased. Battery is good on my iPad Pro and last so I don’t see it as a problem!

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I just got an iPad Air 4 and have noticed a couple times now that when I turn it off at night, by the time I turn it on in the am the battery % is higher than when I shut it down. Ex: last charged to 76% last night, turned on today to see it at 80%. I never noticed it with my iPhone or previous iPad but maybe that's just because a) I rarely turned them off for extended time periods or just never paid attention to it and b) the new iPad is new and I'm overly paying attention to it. Anyone else notice that? Is it normal? I haven't tried to recalibrate or reset the iPad yet as it's not really a huge deal, I just assume its the OS more accurately displaying the actual charge (after it had been charging) when turned back on. Apologies if this has been discussed, I searched a bunch and couldn't find a thread about it.
Yes, that's normal. Like the iPhone 11, Apple is beginning to recalibrate iPad Air 4 models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.