Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
After some clear rear skins for iPad (2017), here in UK. I've used bestskinever, but they take a while to come from US.

All I can find is vinyl sticker type in UK. I want the type that are applied with solution, clear to protect the rear of the iPad and use a smart cover for the front.

So any UK'ers help please...

Last edited:

KarimLeVallois

macrumors 68020
Feb 22, 2014
London
After some clear rear skins for iPad (2017), here in UK. I've used bestskinever, but they take a while to come from US.

All I can find is vinyl sticker type in UK. I want the type that are applied with solution, clear to protect the rear of the iPad and use a smart cover for the front.

So any UK'ers help please...

Yeah, we're a bit buggered over here to be honest mate

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
You can get it from the Gadgetshieldz but even they aren't based in UK. But they work the best for me.
https://www.gadgetshieldz.com/apple-ipad-pro-9.7-screen-protectors-covers-cases.html

There's loads in US, I've used bestskinever a lot, nothing wrong with them just take ages to come and charge delivery.

Realistically they are all the same aren't they? All say this and that technology and all seem to be 0.2mm etc etc, but I think they are all the same?

Thanks

ivigbash

macrumors newbie
Sep 20, 2016
There's loads in US, I've used bestskinever a lot, nothing wrong with them just take ages to come and charge delivery.

Realistically they are all the same aren't they? All say this and that technology and all seem to be 0.2mm etc etc, but I think they are all the same?

Thanks
Yes, Even I think they are all same in material wise but there will be different in the precision, return policy, replaced and shipping charges. Thankfully gadgetshieldz ship it for free.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Aug 1, 2010
My favorite has always been Best Skins Ever. They're a royal pain to apply, but once you get them on there, they look fantastic and don't come off until you're ready for them to come off. I would love to just use a Best Skins Ever on the back of my 10.5" iPad Pro, but the camera bump kills it for me. I need a back cover that offers enough protection where I don't worry about laying the iPad flat down on the table/desk. A matte finish Best Skins Ever would be so great on the back of the Pro though.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Yeh over used BSE as well, as you say, like them all though really, difficult to put on. I've learnt a bit now to use a bit more solution so they are wet a lot more to move around.

MrMister111

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jan 28, 2009
UK
Found 2 screenknight and ultimateshield both seem to at least ship from UK direct.

alau0115

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2009
Markham, ON, Canada
My favorite has always been Best Skins Ever. They're a royal pain to apply, but once you get them on there, they look fantastic and don't come off until you're ready for them to come off. I would love to just use a Best Skins Ever on the back of my 10.5" iPad Pro, but the camera bump kills it for me. I need a back cover that offers enough protection where I don't worry about laying the iPad flat down on the table/desk. A matte finish Best Skins Ever would be so great on the back of the Pro though.
Yes, the matte finish Best Skins Ever is also my favourite on Apple products. Because I am still using a back case, I went for the simple coverage and it looked great. Last time I went with full coverage on iPad Pro 9.7" and it made a tight fit with Apple back case (for iPad Pro 9.7") which eventually cracked on corner of the case. So I learned the mistake.

The simple coverage took me less time because you don't need to spend time to dry all the edges. It is also a much safer installation. I didn't need to wait for 24 hours before turning on the machine as it is possible to ensure no water got in the device by putting masking tapes on all the holes

Thanks
Films differ. They are not the same. Some have self-healing properties which can repair scratches by itself. Also the adhesive (sticky part) is different. Some are more forgiving to install.

I also vote for BSE as I have used their products (only their matte films) for quite a few devices. In the past, I voted for Wrapsol because they offered a more textured matte film. The quality of cutouts from Wrapsol were previously better than BSE. But I saw great improvements from BSE these days. Try their film on the new Macbook Pro, the Apple Trackpad 2 and you will be impressed how hard to see the seams.

AidenL

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2013
Ireland
I have a matte BSE skin in my Pro.

Only problem is Siri has stopped hearing me since I applied it.

I'm worried some moisture may have entered the mic.

There are two mic openings, top edge and rear. What's the significance of both?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.