Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kbuck1984

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2010
I plugged it in to sync some movies and a screen popped up asking me to send info to Apple. I clicked on the details and it talks about low memory and iPad crashing. It never crashed while I was using it, and I never felt any lag from memory. What gives?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 9.08.24 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 9.08.24 PM.png
    47.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 9.08.33 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-04 at 9.08.33 PM.png
    52.1 KB · Views: 165

cgguy

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2010
You might not have noticed it

My ipad has been crashing often, but for me it's transitioning between apps so you might not notice it. The first day I bought it it crashed two times going from safari to the app store. In both cases the app store briefly appeared and then it went back to the home screen. Another time the abc player just quit, but picked back up where it had been playing before. So far it seems pretty buggy. But cool.

bbtrinet

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2008
When an app quits unexpectedly, it's called a 'crash' with a .crash file extension. The information about what the app was doing right before the crash is sent to the developer to investigate the cause of this crash so they can update their app. It works the same way for the iPhone.

(When an app crashes, the iPad just quits the app and takes you to the home screen. It's not like you see a blue screen or anything)

It looks like the USA today app crashed unexpectedly. No developer can make 100% perfect code. Apps crash all the time. The iPad just makes the experience more pleasant.

DaneGuy

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2008
When an app quits unexpectedly, it's called a 'crash' with a .crash file extension. The information about what the app was doing right before the crash is sent to the developer to investigate the cause of this crash so they can update their app. It works the same way for the iPhone.

(When an app crashes, the iPad just quits the app and takes you to the home screen. It's not like you see a blue screen or anything)

It looks like the USA today app crashed unexpectedly. No developer can make 100% perfect code. Apps crash all the time. The iPad just makes the experience more pleasant.

Several of my apps are crashing with no error message. Is there a way to troubleshoot and figure out what is causing them?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.