Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Turnpike

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2011
New York City!
I've actually bought both of the top two brands of iPad holsters (I forget the brands now, but the one offered a full-option setup that included a second holster for a smaller tablet and a phone or battery pack charger), for when taking a break on long walks (that I wanted to take completely hands-free), but after they arrived and I actually tried them on I never left the house with them- while they seem like an extremely great idea, I was afraid someone would mistake me for wearing/having a gun in a body holster and never used them. I've since been wearing shirts where the iPhone 6 plus fits into the shirt pocket (not a lot of shirts make this easy if you have a case on it).

At the time I bought the holsters, there was no iPhone 6 plus option, but if you need to take an iPad vs iphone, I totally see how they seem like a great idea.

Not a lot of help, but since I actually bought both brands (and the full optioned version of the one brand that offered one), and ended up not using them once I actually tried it on and considered using it. My walks are in Manhattan, by the way so I might have tried them out if it were long country hikes or something where there were less people to see me reach for something in a body holster as opposed to on a train in Manhattan...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.