Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Larpy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
Is this even possible?? I would love to keep my itunes library and videos on an external hard drive or at least part of my collection on the hard drive and the other part on the ipad. any ideas?

nixiemaiden

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2010
I don't think this is possible. The camera connection kit can only see certain file formats. Also the camera connection kit can't power an external hard drive. The only way to do this would be to have your itunes library on your computer pointing to an external hard drive but you would still need that computer in order to sync.

Larpy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 11, 2010
hey that is sort of cool but pricey. I guess i was thinking of some sort of hack that would allow a normal external hard drive to work. Of course you would have to have an external power supply. perhaps the next ipad will address this:rolleyes:

Benjamins

macrumors 6502a
Jul 15, 2010
Is this even possible?? I would love to keep my itunes library and videos on an external hard drive or at least part of my collection on the hard drive and the other part on the ipad. any ideas?

I am pretty sure you can keep your iTunes library and videos on an external hard drive, and the other part on the iPad. That is absolutely possible.

What you just can't do is connect the hard drive to iPad.

musicpenguy

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2006

Check out ZumoCast - I now have access to my entire DroboPro over 3G or WiFi and can watch movies it will play audio in the background on iOS 4.2 and I can open up files in other apps for editing.

A fantastic app!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.