Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Matthewlee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 27, 2009
I use Aperture 3, and recently went through the laborious process of tagging most people in my photos using Faces. When I got my iPad, I was really excited about syncing Faces (and Places) from my Aperture library to the iPad, and it largely has worked as advertised, with one huge annoyance.

When I select Faces within the iPad's photo app, up comes a presentation of all Faces within my library, with - supposedly - each person's name underneath his or her representative picture. Selecting an individual photo brings up all pictures associated with that person, with that person's name at the top of the screen. My problem is with the initial list of names and representative pictures, in that not all pictures are labeled with the applicable person's name (I would say that 10% to 20% are not labeled, the name is simply blank). There is absolutely no rhyme or reason to what is labeled and what is not. Of note is that all labels appear correctly within Aperture.

I tried rebuilding my Aperture library, as well as completely resetting my iPad. In addition, I deleted the "iPod Photo Cache" file within my Aperture library and then re-synced all pix to my iPad, all to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas? Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.