Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SdPunk

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2010
Thanks for the update. Please keep us posted. I am thinking of asking for one for Christmas. :D

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
So I received the case earlier in the week, tried it out for 2 days and I'm sending it back today.

As mentioned earlier in this thread, as far as viewing it in landscape mode, not happening. The ipad definitely stays snug and doesnt slide out, however I'm also using a back protector so maybe that attributes to the snugginess. Main issue though is it doesnt stay propped up and keeps falling back. I've tried manipulating the case in various ways just to keep it stable but no go. If anything, it stayed vertical once.

A minor gripe, for my case anyway, was that the right bezel cover was slightly elevated compared to the left. This doesnt affect anything, but knowing that its there is an annoyance.

Personally, I dont mind having the pocket. As I stated earlier, it would be great to have to store my hotspot. Unfortunately for me, its a little too tight for my Sprint Overdrive. Should be fine for the Mifi or even your iPhone if you really want to store it in there.

The material is great and I love the look, that's pretty much it.

magic168

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2010
Got mine today...also returning it. The case itself is nicely made of decent materials...but it is CLUMSY. It's still fairly thick (it is definitely not as sleek as the promo materials make it out to be) and the dealbreaker for me -- folding back the flap to get it in the typing mode is extremely cheap feeling. It feels like folding a piece of cardboard encased in fabric into a position it wasn't meant to be folded in. Unlike the Apple case and a lot of the Chinao and Yoobao case, where there is a clear line on where to fold, this thing just feels like you're randomly folding back cheap cardboard...it's a complete disappointment for me, because the design of how the flap latches onto the back is really nice!

prot0type

macrumors regular
Jul 12, 2010
Got mine today...also returning it. The case itself is nicely made of decent materials...but it is CLUMSY. It's still fairly thick (it is definitely not as sleek as the promo materials make it out to be) and the dealbreaker for me -- folding back the flap to get it in the typing mode is extremely cheap feeling. It feels like folding a piece of cardboard encased in fabric into a position it wasn't meant to be folded in. Unlike the Apple case and a lot of the Chinao and Yoobao case, where there is a clear line on where to fold, this thing just feels like you're randomly folding back cheap cardboard...it's a complete disappointment for me, because the design of how the flap latches onto the back is really nice!

Those were two other gripes I forgot to mention. It was bulky, probably bulkier than my TwelveSouth BookBook. I hope they do a redesign, maybe kill the pocket on the front flap and inside. Get rid of the elastic and instead use a button snap latch. The button could even be their logo.

Additionally, in typing mode, it had a mushy feel. It's not like I'm putting excess pressure on it while I type, but it just feels that way.

tag86

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2010
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
I was looking forward to this case, seems like I should hold off.

Could some with this case please post a video review of the case including how the iPad stays in it in landscape mode. The only video on youtube is a german unboxing video.

Thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.