Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alex-the-gr8

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 29, 2010
England, UK
Hello Peeps,

Just wondered about something prior to launching into the iPad world myself.

The main reason I can justify getting this beautiful device other than "I just want one!" would be to show Clients my work on and share my work with people I meet when I may not have my Macbook Pro with me and on a larger and better quality display than iPhone (i think it will just look more professional than showing people my work on my phone!).

So the question is, what are the best specs for any video that I am preparing to be loaded onto my iPad? I am assuming that standard H.264 will be the best way, but can I export a piece from Final Cut Pro as H.264 movie straight away or will it need to visit Compressor first?

Any help would be gratefully received. :)

Cheers

zedsdead

macrumors 68040
Jun 20, 2007
Hello Peeps,

Just wondered about something prior to launching into the iPad world myself.

The main reason I can justify getting this beautiful device other than "I just want one!" would be to show Clients my work on and share my work with people I meet when I may not have my Macbook Pro with me and on a larger and better quality display than iPhone (i think it will just look more professional than showing people my work on my phone!).

So the question is, what are the best specs for any video that I am preparing to be loaded onto my iPad? I am assuming that standard H.264 will be the best way, but can I export a piece from Final Cut Pro as H.264 movie straight away or will it need to visit Compressor first?

Any help would be gratefully received. :)

Cheers

Run it through compressor with the Apple TV preset.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.