Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JohnMaldaner

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
Kentucky
I got the iPad 10 for Christmas. Upgraded it to OS 17.2. Today I am trying to connect my JBL TUNE510 Bluetooth headphone. This headphone connects easily to my iPhone that is running IOS 17.2.1. It also connected easily to my previous iPad Air2. But, going to the Bluetooth setting in Settings, under devices I get only a spinning icon. Any idea how to get Bluetooth to work? So far, I’ve powered down the iPad and restarted it and done the same with the headphones. No progress yet.

Thanks for any ideas!

Reverend Benny

macrumors 6502a
Apr 28, 2017
Europe
No ideas really other than making sure the headset has the latest firmware via the JBL app.
If you have other BT devices connected to your ipad try and disconnect them and connect only the JBL device

Reactions: JohnMaldaner

JohnMaldaner

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 19, 2016
Kentucky
Well, it’s really a palm to the head moment! I’ve had this headset so long I’d completely forgotten how to pair it with a new device. I found the owner manual online, followed the instructions and BINGO it’s now working perfectly on the new iPad.

Reactions: Reverend Benny
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.