Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kdurbano

macrumors member
Original poster
May 14, 2020
So, I only use my iPad at home and only for videos really, do you think I need a glass screen protector?

also I have bad OCD so if I was to get one, and have dust or whatever under the screen ( like one piece under the screen) I’ll definitely have to remove it so that wouldn’t help so much. Lol

Does anyone else use screen protectors for their iPads?
( I have the latest iPad) air 4<.

ireadblitz

macrumors member
Nov 15, 2016

I just got that those delivered the other day. I just use my iPad at home for media consumption as well so I don't think we really "need" it but I'm happy I bought the protectors and happy their quality.

As far your OCD that's really up to you on how well you're able to install it so not sure what point you're trying to make. That particular pack comes with qty 3 so you have at least that many tries. I was able to install it perfectly on my first go which was nice.

andyx3x

macrumors 65816
Mar 1, 2011
I bought the Spigen GlastR Slim tempered glass screen protector off Amazon and just put it on. I'm really bad at doing these but it's perfect. I must have just been very lucky. I actually bought two thinking I'd for sure screw the first one up but I didn't. So I've got another one as a backup just in case.

Terrific product though. I also bought one for my new iPhone 12 Pro Max and on that it's set up for you to just slide the installation case on your phone so it goes on perfectly.

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
I would 100% get one, especially with the keyboard cases, any dust or debris between the keys will eventually scratch your screen. I 100% would not go with the over priced belkin ones, I recommend the ESR ones, they come in a pack of 2 and have a frame to install them... cost about £15 here in the uk.

Reactions: Dino F

Dstopsie

macrumors 68020
Jun 22, 2010
LOS ANGELES BABY!!
Hi

i have the tech armor ballistic glass screen prptector on my new ipad Air 4 and I love it. $14.95 from Amazon. It is for the iPad Air 4. I use a lot of tech armor screen protectors for my iphone. I really like their brand.

Dino F

Suspended
Sep 16, 2010
Croydon, South London, UK
I would 100% get one, especially with the keyboard cases, any dust or debris between the keys will eventually scratch your screen. I 100% would not go with the over priced belkin ones, I recommend the ESR ones, they come in a pack of 2 and have a frame to install them... cost about £15 here in the uk.

...this is the very same ones I used on my 2020 iPad Air.

The frame makes it very easy to align the protector - just lay the frame around the edge of the iPad and then just lay the protector within the frame. Mine went on flawlessly.

I'm wondering though if the Apple Pencil would still work with a tempered glass protector though?

James Godfrey

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2011
...this is the very same ones I used on my 2020 iPad Air.

The frame makes it very easy to align the protector - just lay the frame around the edge of the iPad and then just lay the protector within the frame. Mine went on flawlessly.

I'm wondering though if the Apple Pencil would still work with a tempered glass protector though?

I can confirm it works with both the Belkin and the ESR ones, can’t say for others but I would presume they would work

Reactions: Dino F
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.