Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brandhaus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
Gotten their's engraved? Seems like the worst option ever. Put your name on it and hope that someone wanting to buy it has the same name lol.

Well then again, I guess I was thinking in terms more of your name. Maybe I'll put a Steve Jobs quote on mine lol

Reactions: kenny7

fatTribble

macrumors 65816
Sep 21, 2018
Ohio
I have never ordered one engraved but I could see it being a nice touch for a gift like graduation or birthday.

troubleonline

macrumors 68000
Jun 15, 2010
Edinburgh, Scotland
Never had anything engraved partly in case I would want to exchange But mostly because I don’t think I’d like it. Did think today that if I like the pro pencil I might return and reorder that with my name. However that’s as far as I’d go!

Yebubbleman

macrumors 603
May 20, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
Gotten their's engraved? Seems like the worst option ever. Put your name on it and hope that someone wanting to buy it has the same name lol.

Well then again, I guess I was thinking in terms more of your name. Maybe I'll put a Steve Jobs quote on mine lol
I get mine engraved, usually with my name and phone number. If I lose it, either (a) someone will be able to get it back to me or (b) someone will have a hard time reselling it. Either way, I usually keep my iPads until they are no longer viable as iPads.

Brandhaus

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2019
I get mine engraved, usually with my name and phone number. If I lose it, either (a) someone will be able to get it back to me or (b) someone will have a hard time reselling it. Either way, I usually keep my iPads until they are no longer viable as iPads.
Valid points. I still have my 1st iPhone. I never get rid of anything lol. Plus you have better thoughts than I. I was just thinking of something like "susie's iPad" lol

klasma

macrumors 603
Jun 8, 2017
Interesting, could you post some pictures?

Jackbequickly

macrumors 68030
Aug 6, 2022
The only thing I have had engraved was my girlfriend’s AirPod case. Anything else is not an option.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.