Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

goggles4430

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 25, 2010
Could someone recommend a headphone splitter they have used with their iPad on a flight.

I have one that I used on my MacBook, pre-iPad days but it was almost impossible for my girlfriend and I to hear our iTunes movie rental with the humming from the plane.

Perhaps someone has had good experience with one that has volume control.

Thanks!

FortyPlus

macrumors newbie
Jan 2, 2011
Headphones

I dont think a splitter alone will solve the problem as ( as far as I know) the volume control will only reduce the volume.
I fly for work a fair bit and use these all the time.

These are Sennheiser PCX 150 noise cancelling headphones and really cancel out the drone of the engines and make it possible to hear the engines. Really great for a long flight.
Cost is about £150 from Amazon but worth every penny if you fly a lot.

When the noise cancelling is activitated they also amplify the sound slightly.
I will also be getting a splitter for the ipad, but the first one I see will do.

KenIphone

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2011
I agree.. splitter alone will not resolve the problem. I'm also a traveler and I’ve gone through all types of headphones. Only one gave me satisfaction and that is Klipsch s4. These are a great set of headphones that do an excellent job of isolating external noise. Very comfortable in the ears with three exchangeable ear-tips for perfect fit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.