Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Atle43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
I want to use an ipad under the kitchen cabinet. Ideally i want a hinged holder so the ipad can be "stoved away" up under the cabinet while not in used. I have attached a ugly sketch that hopefully explains somewhat. Has anybody seen anything like this? My googling have not showed up anything, i even considering attaching a regular holder to a hinge, but even finding a hinge that will hold in place is a struggle.

Attachments

• sketch.JPG
    sketch.JPG
    22.4 KB · Views: 231

Atle43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
How about using a plastic file holder? Secure it to the door with double sided tape or screws and place the iPad inside.

If i don't misunderstand you, I want to have the ipad under the cabinet, not inside the door. The drawing is seen from the side, not top down.

dwig

macrumors 6502a
Jan 4, 2015
Key West FL
@Atle43 - your info doesn't clue us in to where you live and what sources for purchasing are available to you, so any info anyone gives you can only be a rough hint.

That said, there are a number of items available and they are not hard to find, at least for those with access to Amazon in the US. You need to polish your search-foo. Try searching for "cookbook holder" rather than "tablet" or "iPad".

One item that is sold on Amazon that will work is:
https://www.amazon.com/Adjustable-K...gateway&sprefix=kitcen+tablet,aps,313&sr=8-89
It is sold by various vendors under a range of "brands", but they all seem the same. It is designed for modern tablets.

Another is this classic cookbook holder:
https://www.amazon.com/Clear-Soluti...kbook+holder&qid=1562340584&s=gateway&sr=8-87

Atle43

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 4, 2019
@Atle43 - your info doesn't clue us in to where you live and what sources for purchasing are available to you, so any info anyone gives you can only be a rough hint.

That said, there are a number of items available and they are not hard to find, at least for those with access to Amazon in the US. You need to polish your search-foo. Try searching for "cookbook holder" rather than "tablet" or "iPad".

Thanks, i live in norway, but i can usually get a hold of US stuff if needed. The "cookbook holder" tip seems to be good, I am going to search a bit for that. Something like your first suggestion seems to fit the bill (although many complain the ipad is to heavy for that particular product, so i going to see if i find some alternatives)

danmart

macrumors 68000
Apr 24, 2015
Lancs, UK
A bit of more liberal searching turned up this, which seems to offer what you want and has decent numbers of happy customers. Haven’t used it myself...

The search phrase I used was ‘under unit holder’. That is how I would anticipate it being described in the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.