Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AppleVsAndroid18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
image.jpg
Hello and good day! I had been wondering how do I take off this Home button sticker without disassembling it or anything, could someone please help me in advance? Thank you and also please see attached photo.

FYI: Had been bugging me for years from when my sister had it.

Last edited:

Royksöpp

macrumors 68020
Nov 4, 2013
Please tell me that's a screen protector. If not, then a sticker is the least of this iPad's problems. Speaking of stickers, I would try to use one to peel it off. Apply a corner to the sticker and gently pull up.

AppleVsAndroid18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
Please tell me that's a screen protector. If not, then a sticker is the least of this iPad's problems. Speaking of stickers, I would try to use one to peel it off. Apply a corner to the sticker and gently pull up.
So I should use a paper something like that?

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Turn it off, add a tiny bit of isopropyl alcohol (which you’d need to get your hands on first), and you should be able to peel it off. Wait some time before turning the iPad back on.

AppleVsAndroid18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
It has a screen protector but I think it got so sticky after sitting so many years.

Reggaenald

Suspended
Sep 26, 2021
Alright should I use a q-tip with it
Would be a good way to prevent using too much, but you can also use a cloth and dampen it a little with it. Just get the sticker “wet” somehow. But really, what kind of sticker is it? Is it laminated? Maybe a droplet of water will do the trick.

AppleVsAndroid18

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 9, 2022
Would be a good way to prevent using too much, but you can also use a cloth and dampen it a little with it. Just get the sticker “wet” somehow. But really, what kind of sticker is it? Is it laminated? Maybe a droplet of water will do the trick.
It’s this

Attachments

• D510FBBB-E457-4F39-AE3F-95BE62FC779D.jpeg
    D510FBBB-E457-4F39-AE3F-95BE62FC779D.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 100
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.