Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hackhelpless

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 27, 2010
In the updates section of the App Store I used to be able to click on an app icon and it would take me to that apps page in the store. From there I could read reviews for the most current version of the app. In ios 7 this linking to the app page no longer works!?!

For example, recent reviews for HBO GO are crap...apparently the new update breaks the app. I would have never known unless I checked the reviews on my iPhone (the linking to app pages works for iPhones still) or if I separately searched for the app in the store.

Anyone else notice this?

daverph

macrumors newbie
Dec 5, 2013
I just updated to 7.0.4, don't like this at all. In addition to not seeing reviews from the updates page, i no longer have to put in my password to confirm the update. On my previous ipad 2, i had about 70 apps that didn't get updated because the reviews indicated that the update caused problems or broke some function that i liked. So to check for that now, i have to see what has an update, then go on to the purchased page, search for the app and read the reviews there, and if reviews are good go back to update page and complete the update. So much for simplicity of design.
Would it be possible that Apple charges developers per update, or gets some other revenue from this?

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
You can still tap on the icon/update info to get to the details page of the app and see the reviews--the first tap expands the cell to show you the changes in the latest update, but if you tap again you'll be taken to the details page of the app where you can select to see its reviews. At least that's the case on the iPhone, not sure if it might be different on other iOS devices for some reason.

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
You can still tap on the icon/update info to get to the details page of the app and see the reviews--the first tap expands the cell to show you the changes in the latest update, but if you tap again you'll be taken to the details page of the app where you can select to see its reviews. At least that's the case on the iPhone, not sure if it might be different on other iOS devices for some reason.

It's different for the iPad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.