Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wfriedwald

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
iPad mini (2019) 256GB - Space Gray - (Wi-Fi + GSM/CDMA + LTE)

this morning the iPad flashed a message "try again in two hours"

I restarted, and then the message was "try again in eight hours!"

what?

I gather this is a security / passcode issue - but here's the funny thing, this was the first time I was picking it up and turning it on in a few days, I had NOT been trying to enter and I do have the correct passcode.

Does anybody have an idea of anything I can do - other than waiting eight hours and killing the whole day?

thanks!

W

vince22

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2013
iPad mini (2019) 256GB - Space Gray - (Wi-Fi + GSM/CDMA + LTE)

this morning the iPad flashed a message "try again in two hours"

I restarted, and then the message was "try again in eight hours!"

what?

I gather this is a security / passcode issue - but here's the funny thing, this was the first time I was picking it up and turning it on in a few days, I had NOT been trying to enter and I do have the correct passcode.

Does anybody have an idea of anything I can do - other than waiting eight hours and killing the whole day?

thanks!

W
bring it to apple store or do a DFU restore should fix any corrupted data, assuming you have a (backup).

wfriedwald

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 1, 2017
thanks ---

I have a MacBook Air 2013 or so with Apple Music installed, is that all I need to do a DFU restore?

(The MacBook air does NOT has a different account on it ... not the same user as the iPad... would that make a difference? Thank you!)

w

PS: if I do NOT do restore, if I just wait out the 8 hours, does this mean that the info on the iPad is lost? I don't need any of the info on it, but it would be a pain to have to reinstall all those accounts, google, FB etc.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.